| map-marker East Kilbride, South Lanarkshire

Pacific Tycoon - Possible Ponzi Scam - Image 4
Updated by user Dec 21, 2023

No chance.

Updated by user Dec 20, 2023

We have a Facebook Group of around 170 investors in the same situation with mant taking legal action against Pacific Tycoon.

Original review Dec 20, 2023
Pacific Tycoon, so, you purchase shipping containers from them, they then lease them out on your behalf, they take a percentage...now the problem starts, initial returns are good, however after a few months the returns are systematically reduce to almost zero returns.
When contacting them( if they reply) they come up with various excuses, when no profits are being made you will ask to use the buy-back scheme, purchase price is between $3 - 4,200 (US Dollars) they will reply that the "market " price is low and only offer scrap value...around $2 - 300 per container , and again they will take forever to reply.
In addition, i purchased 22 containers for $19k (US Dollars) to be shipped from Brazil to China to be resoled for profit,.this was 5 years ago...to-date no containers delivered, i don't believe they even exist, despite many calls, e-mails to PT and their Lawyers no refund has been received.nor offered.
Many investors are in the same position with losses of monies...many clients have taken legal action against them..
Due to my and others experience, i would have to say...think twice before giving this "company" any money...put it under your mattress.
$19000
Cons:
  • Have been ripped off

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE !!!!!!!!

Kristen M.

Hello Alan, please how can I join this group with the other victims? Pacific Tycoon stole a lot of money from me. I seek to join any ongoing class action suit against them, help me please

Guest
reply icon Replying to comment of Kristen M.

Hi Kristen, you just go on to Facebook and type in Pacific Tycoon Group, and join up, there is around 170 members all with the same issues !

Kristen M.
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2454381

Hi, I did just like you advised. it appears this Facebook group is private.

I have requested to join but no acceptance. Can you please help me?

View more comments (2)
map-marker Parma, Province Of Parma

Scam for two containers at $7100

Bought two containers in 2015 and never had a penny back, Ive tried to cancel and get a refund as per the contract after four years but no one responds to me or answers emails.

User's recommendation: Don’t buy

Bruce K Aqr

| map-marker Paris, Ile-De-France

Because I have a very bad experience with them.

Pacific Tycoon - Because I have a very bad experience with them.
Pacific Tycoon - Because I have a very bad experience with them. - Image 2
I lost over $105,000 to this company, I sent so many emails no reply, put so many calls across no response. But thank God I was able to contact an expert who helped me fight and get my money back. anyone out there having same problems, stop sending emails or calling them for your money, contact Trustworth at consultant dot com. They will give you all the support you need. Good luck!!

User's recommendation: Stay away from this Company

Gonzalez A Eko

Poor regulation

Pacific Tycoon - Poor regulation
Pacific Tycoon - Poor regulation - Image 2

Losing money on the internet is all too common these days, and I don't see why anyone should be ashamed to admit it. The frightening thing is that anyone can become a victim, regardless of intelligence.

The good news is that there are recovery agencies that can help you get your money back; all you have to do is phone one that is reliable. I went online to look for help after losing money, and I came upon an article about victims' optimism. You can reach out to them by email (Trustworth at consultant .

com). I decided to give them a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised by how professional and dedicated they were to getting all of my money back.

Preferred solution: Positive feedback

Bill F Wio

| map-marker Tarbes, Occitanie

Have you lost money to Pacific Tycoon

Carlton Huxley are a UK based firm of legal and law enforcement consultants who specialize in assisting victims to try to recover money from bad investments. We work with international law firms and Insolvency practitioners and although we do not have a 100% success rate we do have a good track record.

We have been approached by a number of claimants who have asked us to look into Pacific Tycoon and we are working with a large law firm in Hong Kong and are keen to hear from people who may have fallen prey to this.

If you are a victim please contact us for a no free of charge, no obligation consultation at the following email.

pacifictycoon@***.com

Guest

Thanks , will give them a call .

Guest

Thanks , will give them a call .

Ponzi Scheme

Pacific Tycoon, still operating in the shipping container business, but not a legit company, the word Ponzi is a good description of how this "company" operate. They constantly ignore communications, office addresses not manned by PT , telephone is a radio system so they use it and you never know where they are...could be Hong Kong, Vietnam, Philippines etc. PTs law firm very unhelpfull.
Loss:
Cons:
  • All a con
  • Ponzi sceme

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay well clear .

| map-marker London, England

I was a victim of Container Leasing Investment

I was a victim of similar container leasing scam, losing about $120k investing in non-existent containers, I tried to get them to refund my money, but they never responded. Then I realized I had been scammed and quickly filed a fraud report against them with a financial fraud investigation agency. They were the ones who helped get back my money without any upfront charges. If you would like to know more, contact me by email: rudolfmm(at) tutamail. com. I will be glad to share this information because I know the police and securities commissions would help nobody, act now and seek refund.
$120000

User's recommendation: Do not invest

| map-marker East Kilbride, Scotland

Ponzi Scheme in operation

Pacific Tycoon took $20k from me in December 2017 for 33 shipping containers to be shipped from South America to Hong Kong, to date ..no containers, no proof of existance, ignore your communications, PT Law firm complisite in ignoring you and provide no proof of the containers being anywhere in the world. Dont go anywhere near PT unless you want to lose money.

User's recommendation: Stay well away 100% scam

map-marker Grange, England

To warn other people

I bought containers from them 10 years ago as an investment With a monthly income, this stopped about 6 years ago. They told me there was a buy back clause in the contract but I have requested them to buy back But there has been no response just a load of lies. Oh we have to find a buyer, oh there in the wrong place. Fine give me the scrap value of them

User's recommendation: Don't ever go near Pacific Tycoon just a big coon

Guest

Yes correct , this is there pattern, and or offer you scrap value $2-300.00 only....PONZI Scam for sure.

Yogeshkumar P Vgq

| map-marker Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governorate

They are big scammers cheated so many people

I spent 11500 usd to buy container for them to lease they are not paying me single dollar back

No respond to get back my money after so many emails to them.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Vheaters
Cons:
  • Money gone

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money like me

Guest

Yep same with me , contact their Law firm , they dont help too much but i just copy them in every time i contact Pacific Tycoon, , Contact Richard Healy, Head of Dispute Resolution oldam,li & NIE e-mail; rmhealy@***n-law.com

rudolfmm

I was a victim of similar container leasing scam, losing about $120k investing in non-existent containers, I tried to get them to refund my money but they never responded. Then I realized I had been scammed and quickly filed a fraud report against them with a financial fraud investigation agency.

They were the ones who helped get back my money.

If you would like to know more contact me by email: rudolfmm @ tutamail, com. I will be glad to share this information because I know the police and securities commissions would help nobody, act now and seek refund.

steve b Otk

Scammed

Hi I bought 50 containers and at first was great then dropped to nothing

Spoke to buyback team and they offered me $300 a container . I agreed

Then they come back to me and said they have to find a buyer.

Few months have pasted since then. Nothing. Whole lot of BS !

So I went to my bank and put some blame on them. They did agree to pay some money to me , but they said its was not their responsibility.

But they did give me some money, so I can't complain too much, but I still took a huge loss. So I am going to keep on PT back and try to get the $300 a container.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Ponzi scam

Guest

Yep Same with me 100% scam over 170 clients on the Pacific Tycoon face book group all scammed.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2450630

View more comments (3)
Jaqueline Dhy

| map-marker Vallauris, Provence-Alpes-Cote Dazur

I am not getting the return on inveted capital as promised from the outset

We got excellent returns as promised at the start. Now I get a few dollars per month and no offer to purchase my container, despite the global shortage of containers. The co should be making much monies right now. Buying my container at the offer price would be gooood business. I have spoken to Jack Lamb several times. I am pleased that he still is with the co.

User's recommendation: never invest with the co. !!!!

Resolved
John R Sag

| map-marker Bromley, England

Resolved: Buy Back not hounoured

Updated by user Jun 08, 2022

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with partial refund.

Updated by user Aug 27, 2021

On the plus side at least PT are replying to emails and even answering phone calls so I rate my chances of being refunded have increased from 0.001% to 0.01% which is a step in the right direction, a 10 fold improvement! They did say they were actively looking into my case and I really believe that the Buy Back team, Carl Ye etc are on the level but don't realise they are working for a company, let's put it this way, far from ideal.

This is part of some of the reply from one of the staff.Nowadays we hear people calling everything a scam as soon things do not work out. You have to know that every opportunity implies a risk. For example, when Bitcoin goes up, everyone is bullish and calls it the future of banking. When it crashed in 2018 due to geopolitical and governmental legislation, everyone called it a scam with myriads of theories and posts, videos online.

But for those who were patient enough, it somehow skyrocketed to new all time highs this year. Container trading is no different. It is indeed a great opportunity. But the trade war between China and the Western world followed by Covid 19 has disturbed the whole industry.

We now happen to have very happy people with their containers in China where demand is supper high, and less unfortunate ones with containers stuck in the middle east now (Fall of Kabul), or in Europe and North America where there is barely any export to China anymore due to Donald Trump's administration's initiatives. Kind regards, Caroline ContiDirector of Client LiaisonBasically this is a fobbing off email which is what is normally done (that is if there is a reply at all which there often isn't).

Original review Jul 16, 2021
It has been nearly 3 years since I requested that the 5 containers were bought back and when phoning or sending e-mails I get no positive response. I would be grateful if you could return the money ASAP.

I may not have much legal recourse to make this happen but be sure of this there is a God in heaven who will see in the end justice is done, if not in this life then certainly in the next. Make no mistake there will be a resurrection of the dead both of the just and unjust, please bear this in mind. However if you trust in the Lord Jesus Christ who as God manifest in the flesh died for your sins on the cross and rose again, you will be saved and also will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit Who will help you do the right thing in this matter. I will be praying that the Lord will work in this situation and so work mightily in this regard.

I close with a verse John 3 v 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. The alternative by the way is eternal death which means conscious separation from God for all eternity.

Please make sure others too in the same situation are also contacted and refunded as well. Kind regards.
Note 1 container bought 1-6-2015 and 4 containers 17-8-2015.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: The word barge pole comes to mind

John R Sag

Update. I have been badgering PT for over 4 years with emails, phone calls etc and finally they gave me 50% back for one container and about 25% back for the other 4.

I really did not expect anything at all so this did come as a bonus in a way.

My situation with them is closed which has been a very bad experience to put it mildly. Anyone who has been scammed, well they could ask for 50% or 25% worth back, at least it would be something.

map-marker Carlisle, England

Scammers

Much like everyone else, bought a number of containers 5 years ago with agreement that the investment would mature and my capital returned after 3 years.

3 years has been and gone and despite my best efforts to contact them to chase my money I am getting nowhere.

Does anyone know if there are any investigations / group action against them?

User's recommendation: AVOID AVOID AVOID

Jaqueline Dhy

DATE 30 Nov 2021 The co. shld take the chance and purchase the containers as originally advertised at the originally offered price.

Since they can now sell them/ lease them at a gooood profit. I wld be willing to accept such a deal and I suspect others wld be the same.

G. Richardson ++33 9********

steve b Otk

Been scamed

Has anyone been successful in using a funds recovery law firm?

Its pointless calling or emailing them as they tell you a load of crap

Loss:
Cons:
  • Will not return our money
  • Fake company
  • Ponzi scam

Guest

Don’t trust recovery firms outside your country. I invested 11000 AUD to Reclaws international to recover 77000 AUD from pacific tycoon and they turned out to be scammers too! Be careful

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2107974

Daniel W Wvv

Scammed

This company and all those who worked for it should be jailed for life. If you are trying to recover your assets from this company contact Reclaws international as they are familiar with these fraudsters and may be able to help.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Dishonest representation
  • No answer
  • Ripped off

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do your homework, and don’t trust ‘too good to be true investments’

About

Summary

Pacific Tycoon is a maritime asset management company which specializes in container transport solutions. It was founded in 2008. The headquarters is based in Admiralty, Hong Kong. The company organizes and manages transit of domestic, business and industrial goods across the world. Pacific Tycoon offers 12% fixed lease and maximized rental agreement container leasing options. Customers can claim a return on investment once a month or on a quarterly basis using bank account. All containers are insured. It is possible to track container exact location at any time. Customers can also sell containers when necessary. The company provides consultations free of charge.

Pacific Tycoon reviews and complaints

Pacific Tycoon is ranked 718 out of 4262 in Financial Services category

Area Served

Australia, Asia, Europe, Other, UK

Payment Methods

VISA

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article