125 views
Verified Reviewer

2.4

I purchased several containers about 5 years ago and the returns went gangbusters for a couple of years. The returns reduced and it was suggested to me to sell them and buy some second hand containers plus a couple more.

When I did this, the returns increased again, but after a while they dropped off. I now only get about AUD $4.30 per month, although it has to get to $100.00 before they will actually pay. My 3 year contract ran out in August of this year, so I contacted them to request buy back. My request was acknowledged with an email, and I have sent several emails since and made one phone call at my own expense to see what the progress was.

You actually get to talk to someone, but nothing else happens. We got into Pacific Tycoon at the recommendation of a friend who really did his homework and actually went to Hong Kong to check it all out, so in spite of the "too good to be true" factor, it seemed legit. Now, we believe it is not!

Fortunately I did not invest any more with them. If there is anything that can be done to call them to account, I would be interested.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pacific Tycoon Shipping Container Investment Service.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Pacific Tycoon Pros: Initial returns.

Pacific Tycoon Cons: Being ripped off.

Comments

Niang

I joined Pacific Tycoon in March 2016. For the first year, I received just over £100 p/m returns.

Then suddenly I received a letter announcing that because of the Panama scandal all investors will be scrutinized in order to determine if they should get their 12% or 30% retains. One bad and confusing news followed another, and before you knew it returns have reduced from $121 to $1.45 per month. Now the excuse is that to remit less than $50 p/m will cost far too much, and so makes it inefficient. But I continue to get the monthly invoice saying I've earned $1.45.

It doesn't require an Einstein to realize that at that monthly rate of $1.45, I can forget about any payment before 2030. I am so angry at the way PT has treated me, and customers in general. I am sure many of the scammed will agree that one way PT can be brought to justice is to take them all to Paris, France and introduce them to little device known to the world as a ''guillotine''.

That's justice for Pacific Tycoon Group and those who run it. And oh, last but not least, PT should repay in full what I paid them for five shipping containers, or return the 5 containers to moi.

Nickolaus
#1821929

I am in the same situation as all your other reviewers. My investment totals $45000.

No return for 3 years. Contract out as of October 19.

Been trying to contact and sell containers for last 2 years. Any help would be appreciated.

Pacific Tycoon Reviews